12-08-2006 until 01-24-2020
Join Date: Dec 2001
Rep Power: 50
FORUM GUIDELINES - Please Read!
- The categories are created for a reason, please try and use the category which best suits your topic rather then the category that simply gets the most traffic. The community benefits when all the topics are properly sorted.
- Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack. There is no need to keep repeating the same point over and over.
- Members are allowed only ONE account per person. Please do not sign up for multiple accounts.
- You many not post any affiliate links anywhere on the forum. Doing so will result in the immediate removal of your account.
- Participants may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by our Forum.
- Please do not bump threads more then every 12 hours, and do not bump a thread as a means to advertise for a certain company or product. Moderators and Administrators will remove these posts at their discretion.
- Participants may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies. Please limit your praise to ONE Customer Testimonial. Consistently recommending a vendor will be presumed to be "HCB", a "Hidden-Commission-Based" post. Any post not meeting our criteria will be removed without notice and the user banned.
- We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
- Participants may not post any message that directs others to any pages at their own commercial web site, especially informational pages. There are too many diamond vendors educating the public with false information about diamonds and too many consumer-oriented sites that pretend to be devoid of Vendor control but are in fact a front.
- Participants may not direct others to contact them regarding their product or services or future (possible) products or services, or any product or services they are, or have been, associated with.
- Members may not solicit users for any project or purpose external to the forum; public, private, or commercial. Most importantly our member base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses or spam robots. If you SPAM our members in any manner, you will be banned and your account disabled.
Members of the Jewelry Trade:
- You are highly encouraged to participate and share your expertise within the community; however you are not to use this website as a means of soliciting customers in any way.
- Please DO NOT post links, photos or text which encourages users to visit your website, call you, purchase your products or use your services.
- Your signature is for your name, any professional credentials you have (abbreviated and short please), your company name, and that is all. Please do not post any banners, photos, slogans or promotional language in your signature.
“Henry, GIA G.G. - www.My-Online-Jewelry-Store.com” would be allowed
“Dr. Henry, PhD of Philosophy, GIA Graduate Gemologist, JBT Trusted Jeweler - www.My-Online-Jewelry-Store.com - The greatest jewelry website on Earth” would not be allowed.
- If you have something to say directly to a consumer, please post it directly in the forum. Do not use private messages, reputation comments, email, instant messaging links or other means of communication in order to move the conversation privately. Our members do not appreciate receiving messages or solicitations. If they wish to use your services and contact you privately, they should initiate private communication with you first. Failure to follow this rule will result in the immediate termination of your account.
- Above all, treat everyone here as a member in need of guidance and advice, rather then a consumer which should purchase your products or use your services.