Diamond Guide, Information and Buying Tips for Loose Diamonds and Engagement Rings

Go Back   Diamond Forums @ Diamond Info.org > Diamond Forums > Jewelry Design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Ice Lady
Diamond Rookie

Default Eternity bands or not... my opinion.

Thanks for all the great postings guys! After a lot of thought, I think it is better if eternity bands go as anniversary gifts rather than as wedding bands. I always sort of felt this way, but after reading the post you guys had about resizing the eternity bands, now I can backup my reasons for this.

Let's face it, as we get older we get larger, so its only natural that our hands and fingers get a little bigger too. Eternity bands would be better for fingers that have lived a little longer than we get on our wedding days. If diamonds cover the top portion of the ring and not the bottom part of the shank, it would be easier to resize over the years. I don't even know if this style has a name... does it? Don't get me wrong I like the eternity style, but for a wedding ring it makes sense for ladies to wear a ring that is easier to resize if possible.

Just my thoughts! What do you think?
Ice Lady is offline   Reply With Quote